apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Catch 22
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 13:14:17 GMT
> [...]
> > >
> > > Well, the best way would be turning pools into sms. Then #define
> >
> > that's what i kinda assumed would be advocated.
>
> But that is not the case. Pools are to be untouched until further
> notice.

Not quite.  We're happy to fix things in the pools code, just as we're happy
to press on with the memory stuff we've been talking about.  The issue is
however becoming more relevant...

I'd like to have a debug module that can record all allocations/free's to a
file.  I'd like to use the apr_file_t as it gives me cross platform without
me thinking about it, but again they use pools.  the same applies when we
have a system that can dump the memory into a file when so requested...
Grrr.

I'll do more later...

david