apr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject LIBS in apr-util
Date Sun, 06 May 2001 13:46:44 GMT
After all the work that Jeff has done on the OS/390 libtool, I've hacked it
to death and have it running on BeOS:)  It actually allows us to build APR
as a shared object, and should allow us to also build apr-util as a shared
object, but the problem I have at present is that I need to pass in
libapr.la to get the shared object to build (as all symbols have to be
resolvable at link time, a real PITA).  While trying I noticed that the LIBS
weren't being passed.  I'm guessing we only use them for executables?  If
so, what is the correct place to add the link such that it'll be passed in
to the link command?

I'm asking as given the work Roy's been doing I'd hate to do something only
to add to his work :)

david