apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [REPOST] printf and FMT values.
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 02:03:02 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> There is no need for apr_*printf formats to be compatible with OS printf
> calls.  We have re-implemented apr_*printf because we needed better
> portability.  In reality, that means that we could easily just define a
> single set of format strings.

Let's keep in mind that we get two huge benefits from apr_*printf()
formats matching OS printf calls:

1) trivial learning curve
2) !!!!!gcc (and certain other compiler) warnings keep us straight!!!!!

The ability to use printf() is not bad either, though of course we
could APR-ize further.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...