apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Buckets destroy not cleaning up private structures?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 03:10:23 GMT

> > I'm going to implement this in my local tree and see if it blows
> > up things spectacularly.  -- justin
>
> There are issues to be aware of if you're going to try it.  For example,
> you can't count on an MMAP surviving if its underlying file gets closed.
> Assuming Ryan doesn't object too strongly, I plan on changing the file

I didn't get a chance to respond to that message off-list, but I would not
be opposed to making all references to a file bucket morph to MMAP buckets
when one does.  But I am still VERY much opposed to allowing the buckets
to close the files/MMAPs/pipes/sockets.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131