apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: apr_send() and timeout
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:18:47 GMT
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > There is no suitable function, and writing one is not possible.  Many
> > platforms zero out the timeout, so that we can't cleanly recalculate
> > the new timeout.
> >
> No trouble - I'll add it to 'ab' then as a small inernal _send().

Dirk, no matter where you add the code, it is completely not portable, and
the result is actually undefined.  Some platforms zero out the timeout,
others don't.  Some leave the timeout alone, others subtract the elapsed
time.  Unless you include a bunch of autoconf macros to determine which
type of platform you are on, and set all sorts of flags, this just won't
work.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131