apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Buckets destroy not cleaning up private structures?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 02:17:05 GMT
On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 07:11:51PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> It is unnecessary.  All of the private structures are allocated out of
> pools, and thus they are cleaned automatically.  Having the buckets close
> their own structures has other implications.

Then, why are the file descriptors being held open?  They aren't being
freed at the end of the request.  Doing a truss shows about the same
number of closes as files handled by the httpd core when httpd terminates.
The file descriptors don't look like they are being closed when the request
is terminated.

I could be wrong.  I can duplicate this with keepalive on and off (which
is where your previously said to look).  About the only thing that
changes it is shutting off logging.  I've looked there and I don't see
anything obvious - I'll look again.  -- justin