apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Buckets destroy not cleaning up private structures?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 02:03:43 GMT
Aren't some of the resource leakages in httpd coming from the fact
that the buckets aren't cleaning up after themselves?  They do
reference counting, but my guess is that they should close their
private structures as well when they are no longer around.

mod_core opens a file and gives it apr_bucket_file_create.  After
that point, shouldn't the bucket "own" the fd and close it when
it is done?

Someone (Cliff?) thought about this in apr_buckets_mmap.c - there
is an XXX comment about deleting the mmap structure.  So, I can't
be the only one who has spotted this.  AFAICT, no mention in the
previous conversations about buckets talked about closing the
private structures.

I'm going to implement this in my local tree and see if it blows
up things spectacularly.  -- justin