apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: [REPOST] printf and FMT values.
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2001 15:37:08 GMT
Okay, so the <FOO>_T_FMT's should not be used in OS printf calls.  We
should probably add that somewhere as a comment.

But, in the case of ab, it uses printf because it wants to write to stderr,
stdout.  I think I saw a couple of other places outside of ab where it was
using plain printf as well.

APR doesn't have this functionality.  I smell a patch...

Hmm.  Right now, I guess you could use apr_file_open_stdout and
apr_file_printf.  But, that isn't the most obvious thing.  It would be
better if you could do that directly with apr_pvprintf() or apr_pvfprintf().
But, then we'd require a global for stdout and stderr for performance
reasons.  Yuck.

Thoughts?  -- justin