apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Reader/writer locks?
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2001 04:33:00 GMT
Are reader/writer locks implemented in APR?

In include/apr_lock.h:

typedef enum {APR_MUTEX, APR_READWRITE} apr_locktype_e;

I don't see any use of apr_locktype_e in APR (besides the definition
in the apr_lock_t structure).  Are we just waiting for someone to
implement APR_READWRITE?  Is everything right now essentially acting
as APR_MUTEX (regardless of what you pass in)?

It'd require a new apr_lock_acquire function in apr_locks.h...  I can
probably implement this for POSIX-compliant systems - I don't have a
clue for other architectures.  -- justin