apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject global pools
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 04:29:47 GMT
Once upon a time, httpd would create a global pool as the result from
alloc_init and use that pool as the parent of almost all of the other
pools (I say almost only because there is one pcommands pool that was
separate, though I don't know why).

Now, httpd tells apr to initialize itself and alloc, but doesn't
get the global pool in return.  httpd then needs to create other
global pools.  I think this is leading to cases where the proper
cleanups are not being done, but its a little hard to tell because
there isn't much in the way of continuity (pools are created in
subroutines, assumed to exist at a higher level, and then destroyed
in other places).  Yuck.

Is there some reason that apr can't give us the global pool, or allow
us to give it the global pool?

View raw message