apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Build problems
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:59:49 GMT
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 07:09:33PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Has anyone seen this?  It started this evening after I ran buildconf
> after making some changes.  Problem is I didn't touch anything in the
> APR directory.  Any ideas what's gone wrong?

Nope, it looks like you have a newline in one of the symbol defs used
by TRY_COMPILE.  Try doing a make extraclean before the buildconf.

The best way to debug this sort of thing is to check the config.log
output and, if nothing shows up there, edit the generated configure script
and add

   set -v
   unset -v

around the parts that you want to debug.

....Roy