apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: apr_dso_handle_close ?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:23:19 GMT
I'm with Ryan. We don't need to write a cover for the underlying DSO close.
If you use APR's DSO stuff, then you can use its closing system.

Go patch Perl to add a cover for dlclose() since that is where you got the
handle.

I'd be fine with apr_dso_make(void *handle). [ back to the put vs make
discussion ]

And piffle with the extra memory or speed with wrapping an apr_dso structure
around the handle [just to close it]. You're loading/unloading DSOs for
chrissakes. Perf just doesn't come into the picture. And I'm sure you've got
a pool that the apr_dso can go into, which is just about to get tossed after
you're done unloading DSOs.

-1 on apr_dso_handle_close. +0 on apr_dso_make. -0 on apr_dso_put.

Cheers,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/