apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/build rules.mk.in
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 05:37:11 GMT
On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 05:16:34PM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> rbb         01/04/08 10:16:34
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES Makefile.in configure.in
>                build    rules.mk.in
>   Log:
>   Allow APR-util to be compiled without libtool.  The default is to continue
>   to use libtool, but it can be turned off with --without-libtool.

Damn... we've been through this before. --with-foo is for specifying where
packages are. If you want to enable/disable features, then --enable-foo or
--disable-foo is what you want.

IOW, the option *should* be --disable-libtool

I had planned to go and fix APR, but now I've got two places to fix. Please
don't add --with-libtool to httpd, use --disable-libtool if you go there.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/