apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject server/Makefile.in, build/make_exports.awk and multiple lines...
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2001 18:59:01 GMT
Brian's patch included the headers from the os-dependent dir when creating
apache.exports.  That's NBD, but in os/unix/unixd.h there is a multi-line
define (escaped with the \ char) - see line 109-110.  This confuses the
heck out of build/make_exports.awk as that case isn't handled.

And, since I'm not enough of an awk expert, I'm not really sure what to do.
I know that awk is line-based, so we'd need to add an extra state if we see
an #ifdef and the last char on the line is a \ to treat the next line as
being in the same state.

I'd just as soon run another awk script entirely that joins any lines with
the last char \ to the same line.  It'd work...  -- justin