apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject K&R 6.1.4 [2nd ed] Still Applicable?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 05:36:55 GMT
Before I dig into this any further...

we make a number of assumptions in APR that sizeof(void(*)(void)) == sizeof(void*).

By K&R "C: A Reference Manual" 2nd ed 6.1.4 Pointer Sizes...

"Although function pointers are usually no larger than data pointers, there are
a few computers on which this is no true ..."

Is this philiosophy irrelevant for the platforms we support with APR?

It's mostly an issue in DSOs (possibly not even implemented on such platforms),
and in the optional_fn code.

If anyone has a _yes_ or something definative, please speak up.

Bill