apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: disk i/o problems
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:38:18 GMT
Ben Collins-Sussman <sussman@newton.ch.collab.net> writes:

> Hi all -- I'm getting some weird disk slowdowns on FreeBSD 4.2.

Did you by chance look at an strace/truss of your APR app on Linux and
FreeBSD to see what APR is doing on your file?

Are you using buffered APR file support?

> I think we need to investigate APR and see where the "portability" has
> gone astray... what system interfaces changed in FreeBSD 4.2 that so
> dislike APR's file routines?  Anyone have ideas?

There really isn't much code to look at for file I/O.  But first I
think you might want to look at a syscall trace and see if we're doing
the right thing.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...