apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: httpd-2.0/apr/apr-util Code Freeze
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 19:27:52 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

>   Can we begin a code freeze, excepting _minor_ build and code fixes, until we have
> a stable tarball ready to share?  I have win32 folks trying to make apache2.0a9 build,
> this just doesn't make any sense.  Once Ryan's patch is in, let's roll, and then go back
> to town.

I think that whoever plans to tag/roll should suggest a target time
(e.g., "Friday noon PST") as well as a timeframe for soft freeze (only
build fixes and minor code fixes welcome for 16 hours prior to
target??).  A hard freeze right around the tag is expected.

Part of this was implied in your earlier note (you anticipated that
Ryan would commit a fix sometime today and we'd tag/roll later
today).  Now that Ryan suggests "Thursday or Friday" I wonder when you
want a freeze.  I don't want a freeze now if we don't tag/roll until
Friday afternoon.

Thanks...
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...