apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: iconv problems
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:17:33 GMT
jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have detected that iconv (iconv(), iconv_open() and iconv_close()) are not
> working as APR expects it on some platforms (BS2000 and ReliantUnix
> at least).

Perhaps you can explain the difference in behavior?

> There are 2 ways of arranging the problem:
> 1 - Patch code where needed so that this iconv works correctly.
> 2 - Add apr_iconv(), apr_iconv_open() and apr_iconv_close() to APR.

Either is possible, of course.  We wouldn't export apr_iconv_* as
formal APR APIs so the usefulness of such is lessened.  This makes me
wonder what the differences are, how much code is exposed to the
difference, etc.

> What to do for platform that have not iconv at all? (Well is covered by
> HAVE_ICONV).

APR cares about HAVE_ICONV... The APR app cares about APR_HAS_XLATE

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...