apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: pool stacking
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:37:11 GMT
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Elrond wrote:

> I've some further notes about pools.
>
> The reason, why I asked for refcounting:
>
> An object might want to live in two pools.

under the current impl. of apr_pool.c, it may be possible to modify it to
do that.

but it's currently not set up like that and i would not recommend getting
apr_pool.c to do it.

> Of course it
> should only die, if both pools do not anymore reference
> that object.
> Of course, the object can do the refcounting itself,
> pointing the pools destroy-fn-ptr to its unref-fn.
>
> Is there a way to remove a object from a pool, without
> knowing the pool it was added to?

no.

if you wanted reference counting, then perhaps...

perhaps we could add in some way to extend sms?  or to provide sms-ref as
a wrapper around sms?

sander?

 ----- Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@samba-tng.org> -----

"i want a world of dreams, run by near-sighted visionaries"
"good.  that's them sorted out.  now, on _this_ world..."