apr-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: [RFC] Network Abstraction Layer
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 10:22:38 GMT
> I'd also like to take a moment just to say that I'm describing what we
> currently have.

much appreciate it.  it's all network data, and you['ve basically already
implemented an advanced version of what i was prating-about-with, two and
a half years ago.

> Pick your poison, and if the brigades and filters are not an appropriate
> model for your data, then we can examine how to add an NAL concept to APR.

brigades/filters are _very_ appropriate: see that other message where i
described just how many layers we're having to deal with!

extending those so that you can jump in/out at any point by making it look
like it's terminated with a "socket", when in fact that "socket" is _yet
another_ bucket brigade [on one OS, but not on another], would be a
seriously powerful combination.

luke

 ----- Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@samba-tng.org> -----

"i want a world of dreams, run by near-sighted visionaries"
"good.  that's them sorted out.  now, on _this_ world..."