apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build aplibtool.c
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 16:20:56 GMT

Bouncing a misdirected mail.  :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:13:39 +0100
From: David Reid <dreid@jetnet.co.uk>
To: rbb@covalent.net
Subject: Re: cvs commit: apr/build aplibtool.c

The work that both Jeff and Brian have done is cool :)  However, can we try
and get a single set of code for this as we now have 2 different sets of
code doing the same job (albeit on 2 different platforms).  I realise that
Jeff's is a slightly more ambitious project (i.e. drop in replacement for
libtool) where Brian's is more of a build tool that uses the libtool command
line, but I'd hate to end up with a VHS/betamax sitaution here :)

It'll be interesting to see if we get any form of agreement at the Hackathon
about replacing libtool though :)

david