apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: mm.h and -I/usr/local/include problems
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:27:37 GMT
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On our machine (BS2000) there is a mm.h in /usr/local/include and it is
> conflicting with the APR one in srclib/apr/shmem/unix/mm. We need to use
> CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" for the configure because the basic
> /usr/include only gives a very reduced set of includes.
>
> The problem is due to that APR puts the CFLAGS before its own includes.
>
> How should I solve this problem?

Just reverse the order of the -Is and CFLAGS.  If that works, let me know
and I'll check it in.  In reality, we probably want any system headers to
be used after any of our headers anyway, so we probably want to do this
for all of the Makefiles.

If you could just test it, I'll make the change on my box, and commit with
your name if it works.  For something like this, making a patch isn't
really worth it IMHO.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131