apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build aplibtool.c
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 02:44:59 GMT
Brian Havard wrote:

> Yeah, that's more how I see it. It's only really intended for OS/2 & maybe
> a few other platforms that aren't supported by libtool. I wasn't trying to
> start a revolution....

I think it's significant that there are (so far) 2 work-arounds
in place for libtool, and that libtool has somewhat consistantly
been the only real thorn in our build environment. :)

I like how both basically are there to reduce libtool down to
the bare requirements we need it for: (1) determine how to
created loadable modules and (2) create archives.

          "Hell is hot, that's never been disputed by anybody."