apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: APR as a shared library?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:01:05 GMT
For Subversion, we want this, too. We've actually run into problems lately
because APR doesn't respond to "make install" and install its libraries.
Moreover, it doesn't install its embedded libmm library, either.

One of the topics at the Hackathon is shared memory. I'd be happy to toss
libmm so that APR's install is a bit cleaner.

[ but it brings up the question of what kind of portability libmm brings to
  the table; I recognize we don't use much of the functionality on top of
  that, but the underlying portability work means we don't have to dup it
  into APR. ]

Cheers,
-g

--