apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Re: relational db interface in apr?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:06:08 GMT
Wonderful!

I'd be interested in the alternatives you consider and review. Also, I'll
state up front that I'm a stickler for keeping this stuff simple. I'm the
one of two initial authors of Python's DB-API. IMO, it is clean and simple
for both user and implementor, yet provides ways for both to crank out
serious performance. The capability negotiation is transparent and implied,
so it works really well.

I would suggest that the set of databases that PHP can access as a target
point for APRUTIL.

I look forward to your draft. Thanks!

Cheers,
-g