apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: relational db interface in apr?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:57:25 GMT
On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 05:52:08PM +0000, jbarbee@pomona.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was wondering if there were any plans or if there should be any
> plans for adding a relational database abstraction layer to apr (similar
> to Perl's DBI)?  I noticed there is dbm in apr-util but it doesn't
> look like it's meant for relational databases.

No plans that I've heard of.

I would love to see it, but won't be starting any time soon. One day, when I
go and try to build SQL support into the back-side of Subversion, then I
might look into something like this. I'm sure there are also some existing
libraries/designs that we can take advantage of (esp. if the licensing is
decent).

Cheers,
-g

--