apr-dev mailing list archives

From Elrond <elr...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: pool stacking
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:51:47 GMT

I've some further notes about pools.

The reason, why I asked for refcounting:

An object might want to live in two pools. Of course it
should only die, if both pools do not anymore reference
that object.
Of course, the object can do the refcounting itself,
pointing the pools destroy-fn-ptr to its unref-fn.

Is there a way to remove a object from a pool, without
knowing the pool it was added to?

Pools somewhat resemble, what I once called "rmm -
referencing memory manager", it was somewhat even more
general, apr_pool would have been just another object in
the whole thing and the like... I'm just curious, if most
is there, that I came up with. (it was never implemented,
and I doubt it will ever, nor do I know, if it is actually
necessary)

    Elrond