apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject httpd-2.0/apr/apr-util Code Freeze
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:36:29 GMT
Folks,

  I'm going to propose something radical.  Although Jeff's recent commit points out
a potentially serious problem (discrepancy between the file size and file offset types)
in the Win32 APR, which I will look at today, this server appears rather stable, and
buildable, and rbb will have 'the patch' today for our OS2 woes (see - cross platform
development actually carries benefits!)

  Can we begin a code freeze, excepting _minor_ build and code fixes, until we have
a stable tarball ready to share?  I have win32 folks trying to make apache2.0a9 build,
this just doesn't make any sense.  Once Ryan's patch is in, let's roll, and then go back
to town.

  It's been too long, time for a good tarball!  I increasingly believe that a pure
implementation of Roy's model can't work.  Either 1) code freezes, 2) dev/release branches,
or 3) parallel trees [I hate #3] seem required to allow development to progress while folks
shoot down bugs.

Bill