apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Working platforms - HP-UX 11.00
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:02:04 GMT
Cliff Woolley <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Jeff Trawick said:
> > (by the way, we don't build with the HP compiler on HP 10.20; need to
> > look lots further into which compiler I have access to and why it
> > doesn't like some seemingly benign declarations in APR)
>
> That doesn't surprise me... HP-UX's native compiler has been known to do
> some massively stupid things.  I don't know about sendfile being braindead,
> but the compiler certainly is IMO.
>
> Anyway, if you need me to test with either the native compiler or gcc on a
> 10.20 box, I've still got accounts on a couple...

I'd be real interested in your experiences with the HP compiler on
10.20.  Let me know if it compiles APR.

Note that I had to remove a duplicate declaration from apr_pools.c
("struct process_chain;" I think) to get going, but then on later
files I get some error 1711 complaining about inconsistent parameter
list declaration or similar.  A google on "1711 HP-UX" yields a bounty
of problems compiling other sets of code.

Ken suggests that I may be accessing a bundled pre-ANSI compiler and
it is simply ignoring the command-line parms which tell it to pretend
to be a real compiler.  I dunno...  If I get time I'll build 1.3 on
this box and if successful see what is different about the compiler
parms.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...