apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: apr_threads.m4 patch for Solaris
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:59:49 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@ebuilt.com> writes:

> > This patch looks good, and I'll commit it tomorrow morning unless somebody
> > beats me to it.  (I'm re-installing my laptop, so I don't have access to
> > my apache trees right now).  I agree 100% that we should THREAD_CPPFLAGS
> > throughout apr_hints.m4, could you please provide a patch that does that?
> > If not, I'll add that to the patch before I commit tomorrow.
>
> Actually upon further review, CPPFLAGS includes THREADS_CPPFLAGS at
> configure.in:578 - see Roy's comment - which is why I'm not mucking
> around with apr_hints.m4.
>
> APR_CHECK_SIGWAIT_ONE_ARG came BEFORE CPPFLAGS included THREAD_CPPFLAGS.
> But, since it relies on THREAD_CPPFLAGS, it should only be called AFTER
> CPPFLAGS includes THREAD_CPPFLAGS.
>
> If threads are disallowed (i.e. --disable-threads or threads can't be
> found), then apr_sigwait isn't included anyway.  Therefore, it seems
> that APR_CHECK_SIGWAIT_ONE_ARG should only be called when we have threads.
> This patch moves the test of APR_CHECK_SIGWAIT_ONE_ARG to only be called
> when we have threads.
>
> APR_CHECK_SIGWAIT_ONE_ARG should just assume that CPPFLAGS is setup
> correctly.  So, I believe that this patch makes much more sense.  You
> can disregard my previous patch.

I wonder if sigwait() is the limit of our exposure.  In a separate
thread I suggested something like this:

>Or maybe in common code after the system-specific part of
>apr_hints.m4...
>
>  if test "$enable_threads != "no"; then
>    if test "x$THREAD_CPPFLAGS" != "x"; then # avoid adding blank :)
>      CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $THREAD_CPPFLAGS"
>    fi
>  fi

>This assumes that we only hard-code THREAD_CPPFLAGS for platforms
>which actually have threads.

Now I see it should have been CPPFLAGS which we add THREAD_CPPFLAGS to
here.

This would seem to be more general, and lessen the ordering
restrictions.

(but I'm not real sure :) )
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...