apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:56:14 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 10:12:28PM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> > trawick     01/02/08 14:12:28
> >
> >   Modified:    .        configure.in
> >   Log:
> >   look in -lm for modf()
> >
> >   This gets APR test programs linking on Tru64.  It may result in a
> >   double -lm on some platforms, as we autodetect the need for -lm
> >   but also hard-code the need for it in hints.m4.
>
> Wouldn't that imply that -lm should be removed from hints.m4?

I expect that over the next few days I'll remove it for the relatively
few platforms I have access to as I get a chance to verify.

Alternatively, we can just remove it across the board and pick up the
pieces when somebody with one of the obscure systems gets an
unresolved reference and we realize that we need to look for a
different function in -lm.

Are you in favor of the latter approach?

Thanks,

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...