apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/file_io/unix mktemp.c
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:30:30 GMT
Jeff Trawick <trawickj@bellsouth.net> writes:

> Okey dokey.  APR will formally provide apr_mkstemp() to apps, with
> prototype/doc in apr_file_io.h.

Boy am I scatterbrained today :(  I take back what I said :)

I'll namespace protect it, but it won't be formally provided by APR as
an API.  It doesn't have an appropriate interface for APR (returning
an int file descriptor?), though it does have an appropriate interface
for the lock code.

If/when APR has an API to create a temp file (not a bad idea), it
should probably use apr_mkstemp() on Unix.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...