apr-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: The list...
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 00:40:22 GMT
On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 cliffwoolley@yahoo.com wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> > The question is which of these are worth exporting publicly.  I don't have
> > a fast or simple answer.  So I'm just tossing the list at the list.
>
> At least all of the HAVE_foo_H ones, I'd think.  If there's a reasonable
> chance an APR client will need to do the same autoconf test, we might as
> well save them the trouble.  Header tests pretty easily fall into that
> category.

I disagree, but only a little.  :-)  Some of those header checks are for
information that APR completely replaces.  We check for the headers, so
that we can use the headers, but we don't expect APR applications to use
them at all.  I do believe that any header Apache or Subversion is
currently using is a good place to start however.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131