apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr.hw
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:47:01 GMT
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> >     Fix the broken support utilities (htdigest/htpasswd) on Win32.  Won't
> >     strictly put this on [signals hacker] since we should have defined this
> >     HAVE_SIGNAL_H symbol, and not simply -included- the header in the first
> >     place.  Note that win32 begs for a complete replacement of their clib
> >     signal support, I'll put that on my 'short' list and look at the old
> >     win32 signal code hiding in the attic.
>
> As this commit implies, Win32 doesn't work from the last tag :-(
>
> BTW ... Ryan, I agree a numeric tag, rather than date, makes more sense.
>
> Win32 is building again [as of this moment.]

This is what was scaring me BTW.  I have rolled three times this week, and
each time there has been some OS that didn't work.  The first time it was
OS/2, then BeOS, now Windows.  It seems to me that because we aren't
freezing the tree and asking people to work on stabilizing the code, we
are likely to continue to hit this problem.  The big problem is that we
have four very different platforms, and it is too easy to accidentally
break one when fixing another.  That is a problem, but it is a problem
that we aren't fixing right now, so not asking for some sort of code
freeze is going to continue to cause these problems IMHO.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131