apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Poliicy proposal.
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:26:47 GMT

One of the things that I have been doing a lot recently, is tagging the
tree with APACHE_2_0_* tags.  This is because Apache 2.0 is trying to hit
beta, and we are rolling a lot of trees.  Apache 2.0 needs our builds to
be reproducable, and I am sure every other project does too.  I figure
there are two sets of people who will use APR in their projects.

1)  Projects that have somebody with commit access in APR, will most
likely use HEAD, just like Subversion and Apache do.

2)  Other projects will likely use a specific tag or tarball.

I would like to suggest that ANY project with a committer on the list can
tag the tree at any time.  Those tags should be in a format like
APACHE_2_0 or SUBVERSION_X_Y.  When APR releases a tarball, we will use
APR_X_Y, which will allow people to easily distinguish why the tag was

If this is adopted, I'll write a small web page about it, so the site is

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message