apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: monday morning breakage
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:31:27 GMT
On 26 Feb 2001, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> #if APR_HAVE_SYS_SENDFILE_H
> #include <sys/sendfile.h>
> #endif
>
> And, of course, my system has no <sys/sendfile.h>.  :)
>
> I know that there's been a recent thread on this list about
> sendfile.h, but I have to admit that I didn't read it. (*blush*)  Can
> anyone tell me what the problem is?  I assume that that
> APR_HAVE_SYS_SENDFILE_H is being defined when it shouldn't be.

More likely, APR_HAVE_SYS_SENDFILE_H is *not* defined when it *should*
be.  The APR_HAVE_* macros are always defined (hence the #if rather than
#ifdef), with a value of 0 or 1.  If the macro is not defined at all, then
you get a syntax error in the preprocessor (#if SOME_UNDEFINED_MACRO ==
syntax error).

--Cliff