apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/buckets apr_brigade.c
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:57:14 GMT
On 28 Feb 2001 rbb@apache.org wrote:

>                buf = malloc(APR_BUCKET_BUFF_SIZE);
>                b = apr_bucket_heap_create(buf, APR_BUCKET_BUFF_SIZE, 0, NULL);

On a side note, we currently have two macros that do almost the same
thing: APR_BUCKET_BUFF_SIZE (=9000) which determines the size of the
buffer for brigade buffering and HUGE_STRING_LEN (=8192) which determines
the size of the buffer for reading from files, pipes, and sockets.  Can we
standardize on one of the two?  Personally, I prefer the name of
APR_BUCKET_BUFF_SIZE, but kind of like the 8KB size of the other.

--Cliff