apr-dev mailing list archives

From "B. W. Fitzpatrick" <f...@apple.com>
Subject Re: shtool invokes head but misses and invokes something else?
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:37:51 GMT

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:
>  Anybody recognize that usage output?  Certainly looks
>  Apache-ish, but I can't find it in APR.

It's a Perl script that's part of LWP:

pantheon: ~>HEAD -1
Unknown option: 1
Usage: HEAD [-options] <url>...
    -m <method>   use method for the request (default is 'HEAD')
    -f            make request even if HEAD believes method is illegal
    -b <base>     Use the specified URL as base
    -t <timeout>  Set timeout value
    -i <time>     Set the If-Modified-Since header on the request
    -c <conttype> use this content-type for POST, PUT, CHECKIN
    -a            Use text mode for content I/O
    -p <proxyurl> use this as a proxy
    -P            don't load proxy settings from environment
    -H <header>   send this HTTP header (you can specify several)

    -u            Display method and URL before any response
    -U            Display request headers (implies -u)
    -s            Display response status code
    -S            Display response status chain
    -e            Display response headers
    -d            Do not display content
    -o <format>   Process HTML content in various ways

    -v            Show program version
    -h            Print this message

    -x            Extra debugging output
pantheon: ~>which HEAD
/usr/bin/HEAD
pantheon: ~>head /usr/bin/HEAD
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

eval 'exec /usr/bin/perl -w -S $0 ${1+"$@"}'
    if 0; # not running under some shell

# $Id: lwp-request.PL,v 1.39 1999/10/28 12:13:21 gisle Exp $
#
# Simple user agent using LWP library.

=head1 NAME
pantheon: ~>