apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject apr_bucket_pipe_creat and friends
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:35:17 GMT

Following are three minor issues in the aftermath of the APR symbol name
cleanup.  I will submit patches for any/all of them if somebody concurs:

(1) I just discovered another typo from the mass-rename:
apr_bucket_create_pipe() became apr_bucket_pipe_creat().

(2) Apache's error bucket fuctions didn't get renamed to match the changes
to APR-UTIL's buckets, so we still have functions like
ap_bucket_create_error(); it's really confusing when you have
ap_bucket_create_error() immediately following an apr_bucket_heap_create()
or something.

(3) Finally, apr_bucket_foo_notimpl became apr_bucket_notimpl_foo, which
doesn't make much sense to me:

               WAS                             NOW
     apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl  =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_setaside
     apr_bucket_split_notimpl     =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_split
     apr_bucket_copy_notimpl      =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_copy
     apr_bucket_destroy_notimpl   =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_destroy

These functions were named that way to match the names of the macros they're
placeholders for, not because they're acting on a "notimpl" bucket, as this
change would seem to imply.  So I tend to think that this part of the change
should be backed out.  Of course, of the three issues mentioned here, this
is probably the most debatable.

--Cliff

    Cliff Woolley
    cliffwoolley@yahoo.com