apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject HP-UX 10.20
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 04:32:47 GMT

I'm looking into getting APR to compile on HP-UX 10.20.  It compiles just fine
with GCC, but (as suspected) has problems when using the native CC.
(disclaimer: This particular machine has been poked and prodded for years, so
I'm not 100% sure that this is the same CC that you'd get with a fresh install
of HP-UX, but I'm relatively sure.  I'm looking at /usr/ccs/bin/cc if that means
anything to anybody.)

The first problem I'm having (not counting the headache I had getting libtool
installed on the box) is that MM is failing to configure:

Shared Memory Implementation:
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking for MAP_ANON in sys/mman.h... no
checking for mmap... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for shm_open... yes
checking for shm_unlink... yes
checking for /dev/zero... no
checking for sys/ipc.h... yes
checking for sys/shm.h... yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking for shmget... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for shmdt... yes
checking for shmctl... yes
checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
checking for create_area... no
decision on shared memory allocation method... SysV IPC shmget()
checking for shared memory maximum segment size... configure: error: Unable to
determine maximum shared memory segment size
configure failed for shmem/unix/mm

I'm looking into this, but any suggestions anyone has would be appreciated.
Maybe if I can convince MM to use some other method instead of SysV IPC it would
work...

--Cliff

    Cliff Woolley
    cliffwoolley@yahoo.com