apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@samba-tng.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apr/build config.guess config.sub
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:53:23 GMT
>> Simple workaround: contact the autoconf/libtool developers and ask
>> them to incorporate the changes. Explain to them that you will need to
>> drop autoconf otherwise and why.
>
> Why don't you just submit your patches like everyone else?
> Ultimatums along the lines of "accept this patch
> or we will stop using your package" are going to
> get you nowhere.

*sigh* this was clearly not what I meant. Maybe I chose my words a little
poorly, but if there is a license coflict (which everyone now pointed out
isn't
the case) you have little choices left. The options you do have are:
 - contact the maintainers/developers of the product your depending on
   (this could be in the form of submitting a patch)
 - drop the product
 - accept that you won't be able to do what you would like to do.

> Mo DeJong
> Red Hat Inc

Sander