apr-dev mailing list archives

From w..@netscape.com (Wan-Teh Chang)
Subject Re: The list...
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 02:57:18 GMT
cliffwoolley@yahoo.com wrote:

> Fair enough.  So let me tone down what I said to simply, "If an APR client
> might reasonbly need the same test, we should export our test result."
> +1 for using Apache and Subversion as good places to look for an initial
> definition of what's "reasonable."

If an APR client needs the same test, you might want
to look into why APR fails to make the test unnecessary
for its clients.  For example, the apr_dso_* functions
should make the tests for HAVE_DL_H and HAVE_DLFCN_H
unnecessary for APR clients.

For those HAVE_* macros that really need to be exported,
you might want to rename them APR_HAVE_* to stay inside
the APR_ namespace.