apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xml apr_xml.c
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:50:13 GMT
On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:49:09AM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

We were missing an apu_config.hw, which I've now checked in. buildconf.sh
calls autoheader, which creates apu_config.h.in for us, then configure
creates apu_config.h. Just like APR's include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in.

[ APR (Win32) avoids the .hw by putting the header in include/arch/win32;
  Apache avoids it by avoiding an include of ap_config_auto.h; we are now
  using the autoheader output in apr-util, so the right magic wand needs to
  be waved. ]

My fault for not creating apu_config.hw when the file first started to
appear. We weren't truly using it until last night, so we didn't catch its
missing-ness on Win32 until just now.

> We have somehow avoided on-the-fly generation all this time with .h.in files.
> These are easy to mirror on any platform, whether the platform supports build sh
> scripting or not.  This is not the case with sh generated scripts.
>
> Can the new header be expressed in terms of an .h.in (.hw, or whatnot by platform)
> or are we departing for the apache-way?

apu_config is built the same as other modules. No departure.

However, I do see some simplification in httpd that we can do...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/