apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:11:14 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 03:24:29PM -0000, jim@apache.org wrote:
> > jim         01/02/27 07:24:28
> >
> >   Modified:    .        configure.in
> >   Log:
> >   revert back to old way until we figure out
> >   an autoheader work-around. Allow building again
>
> What the hell?!!!
>
> I spent something like six hours to get that stuff working. My
> apr_private.h.in is generating just fine. What are you seeing?
>
> Per my previous message, we *ARE* using AC_CHECK_HEADERS inside of the
> APR_FLAG_HEADERS.

Yes, but we are doing:

	AC_CHECK_HEADERS($1)

where $1 is what's passed to APR_FLAG_HEADERS, which autoheader isn't
parsing correctly... What I've been seeing on all my test machines is that
the HAVE_CTYPES_H, for example, stuff in apr_private.h.in isn't in there.
autoheader likes:

    AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sys/types.h)

but not:

    $i="sys/types.h"
    AC_CHECK_HEADERS($i)

from what I can see.

Note I've just reset configure.in.
          "Hell is hot, that's never been disputed by anybody."