apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build apr_common.m4
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:45:18 GMT
gstein@apache.org wrote:

> gstein      01/02/27 03:34:50
>
>   Modified:    .        configure.in
>                build    apr_common.m4
>   Log:
>   * configure.in: just call APR_FLAG_HEADERS once. This allows autoconf to
>     loop over the values *once* rather than substituting N loops for header
>     checking. This drops configure's size from 340k down to 255k. (!!!)

:)

That was on my list, but I was taking things slow. That's why I coded
it the way I did ;)  Note that we'll be able to do the same with
APR_FLAG_FUNCS as well, when it's appropriate.

The final tune, maybe, will be to avoid the actual call
to AC_CHECK_HEADERS and hand-code it in, since AC_CHECK_HEADERS
has it's own for/do loop, which we aren't using. There's a part
of me that's hesitant about doing that... although it makes the
configure script a bit uglier, it make it obvious how we are
using AC_CHECK_HEADERS.

          "Hell is hot, that's never been disputed by anybody."