apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:32:02 GMT
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 11:11:14AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Yes, but we are doing:
>
> 	AC_CHECK_HEADERS($1)
>
> where $1 is what's passed to APR_FLAG_HEADERS, which autoheader isn't
> parsing correctly... What I've been seeing on all my test machines is that
> the HAVE_CTYPES_H, for example, stuff in apr_private.h.in isn't in there.

Any error, or simple omission.

> autoheader likes:
>
>     AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sys/types.h)
>
> but not:
>
>     $i="sys/types.h"
>     AC_CHECK_HEADERS($i)
>
> from what I can see.

I explained this last night. The latter is setting a *SHELL* variable.
autoheader doesn't invoke the shell, so it can't tell what is in there. As
long as the arguments to AC_CHECK_HEADERS() stays within M4, then everything
is fine.

This is how you broke it last night: you used shell variables. I put it back
to M4 variables and it worked fine (on my box, and mostly for Jeff, it
seems). Then, I went and did more work so we could omit some of the sed
calls and reduce the size of configure.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/