apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: APR_FLAG_HEADERS
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:48:54 GMT
On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 07:22:06PM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 09:20:46PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> writes:
> >
> > > I've got a real cool idea about how to make everyone happy...
> > > Heading out right now, but will commit something later
> > > today :)
> >
> > Just for my curiosity, can you tell me which system actually can build
> > APR after these cool ideas were implemented?
>
> I'm on it. I have another fix that I want to make to this stuff.
>
> Not to mention wanting to exercise a bit more m4 magic :-)

Got the fix to get apr_private.h working. Basically, AC_CHECK_HEADERS was
called with a *shell* variable. autoheader (which creates apr_private.h.in)
can only work with *m4* variables.

[ Hell, I don't even know if configure would have worked. ]

Anyhow, what I do now is AC_CHECK_HEADERS($1), iterate over the supplied
headers ($1), and then use the resulting cache values to set our
substitution variables.

It works quite well :-)

I'm going to check in this fix in a bit (doing some final testing). Then,
I'll work on my additional magic.

Cheers,
-g

--