apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Working platforms - HP-UX 11.00
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:52:08 GMT
On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 08:40:38AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > There were some compiler warnings, but I didn't really pay attention
> > to those (seemed mostly harmless).
>
> I fixed some and also have an uncommitted patch to add
> -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED (forgive spelling mistakes here); I need to
> double check the difference in compiler messages with and without
> before committing.

Branko did some work a while back to define that value, if necessary, to
access the h_errno value from netdb.h.
(see apr/build/apr_network.m4::APR_CHECK_H_ERRNO_FLAG)

Thankfully, he spent some time to do it with autoconf magic rather than just
dropping something into apr_hints.m4. I'd recommend attempting the same...

(i.e. what is the error, create an autoconf macro to test for it, then see
 if you can avoid it by defining the symbol)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/