apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Working platforms - HP-UX 11.00
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:52:08 GMT
On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 08:40:38AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > There were some compiler warnings, but I didn't really pay attention
> > to those (seemed mostly harmless).
> I fixed some and also have an uncommitted patch to add
> -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED (forgive spelling mistakes here); I need to
> double check the difference in compiler messages with and without
> before committing.

Branko did some work a while back to define that value, if necessary, to
access the h_errno value from netdb.h.
(see apr/build/apr_network.m4::APR_CHECK_H_ERRNO_FLAG)

Thankfully, he spent some time to do it with autoconf magic rather than just
dropping something into apr_hints.m4. I'd recommend attempting the same...

(i.e. what is the error, create an autoconf macro to test for it, then see
 if you can avoid it by defining the symbol)

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

View raw message