apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: build blues
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 02:03:33 GMT
On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 01:46:49PM -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > >    * libtoolize --automake --copy --force
> > >      [the only way we ever want to call libtoolize]
> >
> > why --automake?
>
> It is the option libtoolize is given to tell it to shut up because we
> are acting like automake (which we are).  BTW, the --copy means you
> can remove the rm and recopy lines from the tarball builder.

Note that we were already using --copy in APR(UTIL).

Roy: the --force wasn't added to APR because we had some private copies of
two of the libtool files. I'm fine with tossing those if ours were
approximately the same, but be careful with that force.

(APRUTIL uses --force because it never had its own copies for better or
worse)

Cheers,
-g

--