apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: sdbm vs dbm????
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:52:18 GMT
On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 09:15:06PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> In the APR-util include directory, we have two dbm headers, apr_sdbm.h and
> apr_dbm.h.  The sdbm file is namespace protected with sdbm, instead of
> apr, and in my investigations, it looks like the apr_sdbm header is used
> by the apr_dbm.h header.  Are we really exporting sdbm?  If not, why is
> the sdbm header in the public include directory?

I forget whether it was OtherBill or myself, but one of us pushed for
exporting sdbm explicitly [so it is present in the public dir]. Personally,
I'm quite cool with it being namespace protected, if that's what you're
after.

apr_dbm is working well enough, that I think it would also be reasonable to
keep sdbm private. (but still namespace protected because the symbol names
"leak" from the library)

Were you after a particular result?

Cheers,
-g